Book Review: The Reckoning

the reckoning book cover

Title: The Reckoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publication Date: April 6, 2010
Genre: Paranormal Horror, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

Summary: (From the book)

Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.

Review:

          I was sort of lazy not making my own summary today! LOL! But anyway, the more important thing is my review about this book.

         The Reckoning is Kelley Armstrong’s third and last installment of the Darkest Power Series. Well, the ending is kind of lacking something. There were still questions lingering in my mind and some unsolved mysteries in the book. I was looking for more. But despite that, it’s the kind of series that I really love to read and sacrifice my eating and sleeping just to finish the series! More than the flaws that I noticed, still Armstrong is one of the best authors I’ve read. I like the fantastical world that she created with her books. My favorite part in the story is how Chloe’s love life ended. I was really pro-team Simon but I was happy when Chloe realized that she’s happier with Derek and I just love how they dealt with the situation. The action-packed plot is still fun and exciting to read. Actually, you’ll forget its down side after you read the book because of the satisfying ending. I just hope there’s a fourth book for more action and adventure. But I guess I just have to read Kelley Armstrong’s another series – Darkness Rising. And, I will definitely do!

Preceded By: The Awakening


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.

Search

Currently Reading..

Currently Reading..
Supernaturally by Kiersten White