Book Review: The Awakening

the awakening book coverTitle: The Awakening
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publication Date: April 28, 2009
Genre: Paranormal Horror, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

Summary:

Chloe Saunders, a normal teenage girl, but everything changed after finding out that she was a walking science experiment. The sinister group of scientists called the Edison Group was now after her because she was considered an aberration being genetically altered by the same group. Now, that her powers being a necromancer who can see and talk to ghosts and even raise their dead bodies or worse raise a battalion of zombies from their graves was becoming more powerful. She now, became a threat to the other members of the Edison Group and they were eager to hunt her down and end the experiment they had started permanently. Chloe had to run for her life with her sorcerer, werewolf and witch friends.

Review:

                I just finished reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick today. I started yesterday and I was so hooked that I was able to finish it today. Haha! Though, my review today is not about it, well, I just want to give some spoiler of what will be the next book series I will review. J
                So, back to The Awakening, here’s my review …

Necromancer, Sorcerer, Witch and Werewolf joined all together to create a fantastical world of friendship and love. In the second installment of Kelley Armstrong’s the Darkest Power Trilogy, The Awakening, comes another excellent plot of adventure and excitement.

If you’re a fan of vampires and angels, you’ll surely gonna love this one. I wasn’t able to write that much on my last blog about the first book (The Summoning) so I want to give it all in here. I was really impressed of Kelley Armstrong’s flexibility and at the same time consistency with her books. I’ve read almost all of her Women of the Otherworld Series and she stick to the genre of paranormal romance though the difference between the two series is that the Darkest Power series is a young-adult paranormal romance while the latter is an adult novel. But, I’d love to make a review of the Women of the Otherworld, perhaps after I finished this trilogy.

So, anyway, back to The Summoning. In this book, Chloe Saunders, our main character became more powerful being a necromancer and she already knew how to use her capability to defend herself and her friends as well from the scientists who were hunting for them.
The fast-paced story of The Awakening didn’t let me get out of my room for the whole day while reading it! LOL! Seriously, there was no dull moment in every chapter of the book. Every adventure of Chloe and her friends was intelligently planned and exciting to read.

Moreover, in every story, the most important thing is the moral you’ll get from it and I think the most important lesson in this novel is treasuring your friends and trusting them.


Preceded By: The Summoning
Followed By: The Reckoning


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.

Search

Currently Reading..

Currently Reading..
Supernaturally by Kiersten White