My Name is Memory: A Reincarnated Love Story

Title: My Name is Memory
Author:  Ann Brashares
Publication Date: June 2, 2010
Genre: Young-adult, Paranormal Romance

Summary (by Goodreads):

Daniel has spent centuries falling in love with the same girl. Life after life, crossing continents and dynasties, he and Sophia (despite her changing name and form) have been drawn together-and he remembers it all. Daniel has "the memory", the ability to recall past lives and recognize souls of those he's previously known. It is a gift and a curse. For all the times that he and Sophia have been drawn together throughout history, they have also been torn painfully, fatally, apart. A love always too short.

Interwoven through Sophia and Daniel's unfolding present day relationship are glimpses of their expansive history together. From 552 Asia Minor to 1918 England and 1972 Virginia, the two souls share a long and sometimes torturous path of seeking each other time and time again. But just when young Sophia (now "Lucy" in the present) finally begins to awaken to the secret of their shared past, to understand the true reason for the strength of their attraction, the mysterious force that has always torn them apart reappears. Ultimately, they must come to understand what stands in the way of their love if they are ever to spend a lifetime together.

A magical, suspenseful, heartbreaking story of true love, My Name is Memory proves the power and endurance of a union that was meant to be.

Review:

                I was walking and looking for some good books to read in a local bookstore when I stumbled upon this book. I have to give credit to the author for the title because it really caught my attention. But, honestly, I was more enticed to read this when I read the plot was quite similar to Fallen by Lauren Kate. I expected some angels and demons flying all throughout the story but as I go through, it’s a totally different plot. However, there some similarities and I just couldn’t help comparing. While Fallen was all about a never-ending love of an angel to a mortal who keeps on reincarnating, My Name is Memory is purely love story of two people who reincarnate and Daniel, the main character has the Memory where he remembers everything in his past life. The mystery is how and why was he capable of remembering his past life. Another coincidence is that the names of the characters are quite the same in both books. In Fallen, the main character was Daniel and Luce/Lucinda and in the latter, Daniel and Lucy were the subjects. Another point that I would like to cite is that the book, I think, should not fall under a young-adult category because of some intimate scenes and the main characters grew up as adults in the later part of the story.

                However, I have to acknowledge that the plot is indeed unique and still different with Fallen. The differences and the uniqueness overpower the similarities so it was fun to read. I was really enjoying the book until the end. The ending was left hanging and there were just so many unsolved mysteries and questions. So I am definitely expecting a sequel of this book. Though, I’ve been hearing that it is the first of a trilogy so I’m looking forward for the next issue. If you’re a fan of an epic reincarnation love story, you’ll surely find this one interesting.

                 Moreover, I like the story though there are still many questions that linger in my mind after I read it. I don't know if I will love it or not..But the writing is exceptionally creative though it challenged my comprehension a lot of times while reading. haha!

Dream Casts:

Willa Holland (as Lucy/Sophia/Constance)



Landon Liboiron (as Daniel)
                       

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.

Search

Currently Reading..

Currently Reading..
Supernaturally by Kiersten White